Thursday, September 22, 2022

Well it has been a long time

It seems an age ago that I ran those 68 odd miles and 27,000ft of ascent round the beautiful Lake District fells. There’s been a lot of water under the bridge, I’ve become a dad, had a few different jobs and generally not done a lot of running!! There’s been some cycling, but I was a shadow of my former self.

It’s been a tough couple of years hasn’t it? Home schooling, home working, covid, lock downs and let’s not talk about the state of the country! I needed some motivation.

I started back on the road to fitness in January 2021, I didn’t really have much in mind other than to lose weight and get fit again, walking and running. It was tough, at 17st 10lb I was a lump! But slowly, slowly it started to feel easier, the miles started getting easier and the weight started to drop off. Then OUCH!! a Piriformis injury took me out of action for six weeks, bloody painful, but kept walking and kept motivated. By mid year I was working towards 1000 miles of running and 1000 miles of walking. Some focus and planning got me there by the end of the year. A ten mile race at the end of January 2022 would be the real test.

To be continued…../

No comments:

Post a Comment