Sunday, June 28, 2009

JOB DONE !!

Just got back from Keswick and I will get round to writing a full report this week, but just to report that I completed the round last night in 22:48, very very pleased. Big thanks must go to my wife Gemma and Rick for the roadside support, they kept me going and did a stirling job servicing my needs and those of the supporters. Even handling my feet which were not a pretty sight, and my stinky clothes. The three of us were showing signs of sleep depravation last night !

Big thanks to Albert, Colin, Geoff, Pete, Jess, Bill, Simon, Emma, Anthony, Gerry and Steve it was a pleasure to spend the day with you all and I couldn't have done it without you all.

Thanks to everyone else for their best wishes and for coming out to see me along the route, it was a great day. More details to follow.

6 comments:

  1. Well done, great to see you finish so strongly. Fantastic effort after your entertaining bight on the Dodds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again Karl. You were running strong throught leg 4! Even after 20 hours of running. If you were struggling you certainly wasn't showing it.

    Glad to be part of it mate. The question now though is what happens to the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one!! i'm so pleased to hear you made it round. all those hard miles have certainly paid off :)

    sorry i didn't get to speak to you-i had a weird 'i recognise him but can't quiet work out where from' moment, then it was too late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was certainly an entertaining night on the Dodds Ian ! Thanks for your comments. I think the blog will carry on as a running diary for now but we'll see I'd like to keep it going, whilst I think of another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic achievement and with time to burn.
    you must be very pleased with yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing achievement. You must be over the moon. Very well done. What's next?
    ;> RB

    ReplyDelete